Friday, September 20, 2019

It’s A Dog’s Life



I know… who doesn’t love a dog in a basket? Okay, there are those of you who are indifferent to an animal’s charm. I get it. Well actually I don’t, but I at least try to TOLERATE it. However, even those of you animal naysayers out there can’t help but love a dog wearing goggle sunglasses. Seriously. It’s real. His name is Pancho and he lives in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (one of the Canary Islands). And for those of you who are wondering, Poncho’s smile is real too. Pomeranians (which is the breed Poncho is) have what is known as “resting smile face”. I walk a dog named Azi and his smile is as big and bright as Poncho’s. And heck, it beats looking at resting you-know-what face any day. No one needs that negativity!

So, given that Pancho’s smiling face is what greeted me as I left my cruise ship, I just knew it was going to be a great day. And it was. It wasn’t the whirlwind albeit amazing dual excursion of yesterday. No catamarans or a jeep ride around the island. No, today was just about relaxing on the beach. And relax we did. We went to Las Canteras beach and enjoyed sun, and later on, sangria. And no day would be complete without floating in the water on our inflatable Doodles.

Only Andrew, Lynda and I ended up in the water. We couldn’t get my mom to come in. It was nice nevertheless and we ended up talking to some guy who told us he had lived in Virginia and NYC before coming back to the island. He emphatically told me how much he disliked NYC, and I didn’t have the heart to tell him that’s where I lived. Different strokes for different folks, right? It was hard to drag ourselves out of the water and make our way back to the ship.

By the way, Lynda and I tried to venture up to the waterslide again but it was closed! Talk about sad!!! We will have to save that for another day. I’m just grateful to be here and making memories with good friends. And so off to dinner I go and then onto an ice skating performance. Gotta love a ship that has an ice skating rink.

Time to sit back and watch the sunset from my balcony:


Not bad, huh? Hope you get to enjoy your own sunsets… wherever you might be!


No comments:

Post a Comment