Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Come With Me and Escape




Remember that Rupert Holmes song? The same guy who wrote “The Mystery of Edwin Drood”? (True story.) Isn’t ringing any bells? It’s okay, it’s a 70s thing… all about drinking piña coladas and getting caught in the rain. What does that have to do with me? Not much. I haven’t even had a pina colada on this vacation. The escape part? Well, that IS definitely relevant. Vacations are a form of escape, but so far, I’ve been struggling with the escape part. Real life always looms on the horizon.

So it was wonderful to have a literal escape on our second day at sea, in the form of an escape room. I’ve never done one before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m happy to report they are super fun! It’s a mind bending, puzzle solving experience. Our fabulous foursome joined forces with three other people in an attempt to escape an observatory. But I think the point was to bring the observatory back online. What does that mean? I dunno. I just wanted to win.

We had 50 minutes to escape the room. Again, what do they mean by “escape”? I still have no idea. We did pretty well for the first half, but then it all fell apart. I can’t give away too much about the room, for future escapees. I have to say, it was REALLY hard. I still wasn’t sure what we were escaping from and where we were going when we got out. At the end of the day, we lost. The person running the room claimed only 30% of the people actually get out, but I wasn’t sure if I believed him.

At the end of the day, it was nice to take a break from reality and real life obligations to just have fun. And nothing more. And now… it’s time for bed. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment