Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's PARTY Time!


Today was another day at sea. To some that might seem boring, but for me, it was a chance to stay in one place and just BE for a moment. In other words, it was a GREAT day.

I don’t really have a whole lot to say about today except that it was wonderful. I played bingo with my mom and we didn’t even come close to that $40,000 jackpot. But neither did anyone else. Then, I played trivia which was T.V. theme shows and I totally tanked. I clearly don’t watch enough television. That said, I couldn’t even get the theme song to “Who’s The Boss” right. I guessed “Growing Pains” instead. Ironically, I knew the theme song to “Scrubs”, a show I never really watched. Oh well.

What better thing to do on a day at sea than host a happy hour party on your big a** balcony… even if it’s drizzling. Luckily, half of my balcony is covered. I was pleasantly surprised at how many people showed up. Pretty much everyone was impressed with the size of our outdoor area. It seriously is massive. I guess size DOES matter when it comes to outdoor space. We drank wine and exchanged stories and it was wonderful relaxing with people from different backgrounds and geographic locations. By the time dinner rolled around, I had drunk way too much wine and just wanted to go to bed. I pushed through, however, and my mom and I met a cute couple from Mexico who wanted to speak to me in Spanish during dinner. Time to get ready for my arrival in Spain tomorrow, right? My Spanish was passable but it was clear that I needed to “practica”!

After dinner, I went to a Motown-themed night where I met my friend Halston, who had worked at Royal Caribbean in Miami at the same time as me. She’s a dancer on the ship and it was awesome to see her in action. Boy can she move! My mom and I hit the dance floor too, and we did something she said was the “lindy hop”. It’s not what I would imagine doing to Motown music, but people around us seemed impressed. Or perhaps they just thought my mom was super cute. It seems to happen a lot on this trip. We had such a blast together, and I have to say, my mom is pretty good at leading me around the dance floor. Go, mom!

Now we’re headed to Ibiza, Spain, and we don’t have a plan for the day. Maybe that’s good for a change. We’ll see what mood strikes us when we wake up tomorrow.

Buenas noches, mis amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment